Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Special Memories for June


June is a sweet month. filled with lots of fun memories from days gone by. its so fun to reminisce & praise the Lord for each sweet day & what it still means to me. i just wanted to write them down so that i never ever forget what June means to me!

June 10, 2001

ben & i began dating. it was a sunday afternoon. i will never forget that day. i went over to his house with a few friends to watch the FedEx St Jude golf tournament. we walked the course, sat out under the trees, watched tv & ate lunch. while we were sitting on the couch, watching the tournament, ben reached over & held my hand. we have been together ever since. i can not believe that we have been together 10 years now! so crazy! it has been the most wonderful & most fun time of my life.

June 8, 2006

ben proposed. it was a thursday morning. we were camp counselors at youth camp. ben called me at 7 am to ask me a question & to tell me to meet him down on the beach, just outside our condo. he proposed on the beach. i was so excited i couldn't even say yes at first! he had to ask me a 2nd time! ha! he gave me the most beautiful ring, we called our family & shared our news with all the kids at camp. it was such a fun day!

June 30, 2008

i was 20 weeks pregnant with our first baby. we went to the doctor for our ultrasound. i was a nervous, excited mess. i just wanted to hear that our sweet baby was healthy & growing normally. we were so thankful to hear that baby was healthy & growing right on schedule. we were so excited to find out that we were expecting a sweet baby boy. i had always wanted to have a boy first & we both guessed he would be a boy. we were elated to know that we were right & that the Lord had blessed us with a son. it was such a special day. i'll never forget those thoughts & emotions i experienced that afternoon. i'll never forget it!

June 12, 2009

Jack was 7 months old. i had a doctor's appointment for my 6 month post-op checkup. Ben kept Jack at his parents house. (it was also the week of the golf tournament) i went in for my appointment alone. i sat in the patient room for about 20 minutes before my doctor came in the room. ben even called me to ask what was taking so long. when Dr Williams came in the room, i could see 3 small tests sitting on top of my file. she said "well, you're pregnant!" i said "um, what?!" she said "yep, that is why it took me so long to get in here, we wanted to run 3 tests just to be sure!" i began to cry. not because i didn't want this baby but because i was so shocked & overwhelmed. when i told Ben, he was so excited and happy. it was definitely a day that i struggled, wondering if the Lord knew what he was doing. but when i went to bed that night, i praised Him. because i knew he had a plan. and i knew that this sweet baby was such a blessing. i was excited to be pregnant & excited for Jack to have a sibling. it was such an overwhelming day. but now that i look back on it, i smile. because now we have precious Jovie. i am so thankful for my surprise baby. and so thankful for that hot June day that i found out about her. so thankful that i serve a God who is sovereign & is always working things together for my good & his glory.

i love June. love all the sweet memories that fill the month. love that the Lord orchestrated all these events, in his timing. love that they have each been life changing days for me. excited that i can look back on these days & be thankful. the Lord is so good. and i am so blessed.

Happy June!!


No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers