Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

29!



on April 4, i turned 29 years old! crazy. but i love birthdays and i think i always will, no matter how old i get. its just another year to praise the Lord for all he has done for me. and to be thankful for the many blessings i have received. and presents are fun too. ha!

my 29th birthday was a little unconventional. i spent it in the hospital. my 36 week appointment fell on my birthday. my weight and BP looked normal. but i had been having constant headaches, which my doctor knew about. but when i told her i had been experiencing some random but persistent nausea, she said i had to take a trip to Labor & Delivery. she wanted to be sure that my liver enzymes were normal and check my urine for proteins, which were a warning sign of Pre-Eclampsia. and since i've had PE two times already, we had to be cautious.

i called Ben, told him the news and walked over to L & D. i spent a good 2 1/2 hours in triage. Judah's heart rate looked great, i was having a few contractions and a headache. Dr Williams came to visit and said i would be staying the night at the hospital to do a 24 hour urine test. not exactly what i wanted to hear, but I'm so thankful for a trustworthy doctor.

so, Ben headed to his parents house with our kids and i headed over to a hospital room. Ben and the kids brought me dinner and some sweet girls from church brought me some Muddy's cupcakes. i ended up being released from the hospital the next night, just in time for our Good Friday service at church the next day. i'm so thankful i ended up being cleared of PE and that Judah was healthy and strong.

i'll never forget my birthday in the hospital. not exactly what i had envisioned but i can Praise the Lord nonetheless.



Happy Birthday to me! can't wait to turn 30 next year!



No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers